In the master´s programmes third semester, you get the opportunity to do an internship or an independent field study in Sweden or abroad.

During this semester you get to combine your academic skills with practical work and you make your choice depending on your research interests. You also have the opportunity to study abroad, more information here.

It is your responsibility to find an internship and pay for accommodation and travels. More information about available scholarships can be found in the right menu.


Before you go you have to hand in a tree-party-agreement signed by you, your advisor and an advisor/contact person at the organisation or university were you conduct your internship or field study. Once the agreement is in place you are covered by the insurance StudentUT. Please note, that you will not be registered in the field course before the agreement is signed and handed in.

Learn more about StudentUT

Grants and scholarships for study abroad